Student Writing Contest
La Scena Musicale announces the First Annual
La Scena Musicale Canadian Classical Music Student Writing Contest.
Four prizes (two in English and two in French) will be awarded.
The winning papers will be published in a future issue of La
Scena Musicale. Furthermore, the best paper in each language
will be awarded a cash prize of $250.00 . The prize for the best
English paper is courtesy of Naxos Canada. The prize for the
best French paper is courtesy of Deutsche Grammophon, a Universal
- Eligibility: Entrants must be students registered
during the 1999-2000 academic year. A proof of student status
must be submitted. Students must be Canadian citizens or landed
immigrants, or be registered at a Canadian school.
- Length of article: between 1200 and 2000 words.
- Subject: Any subject related to classical music will
be accepted. They can be in the form of an interview, an article
on music history etc. Articles based on a thesis will also be
accepted. Submitted manuscripts must not have been published
- Criteria: The papers will be judged according to originality,
content and writing style.
- Selection: The articles will be selected by a panel
consisting of writers and specialists in classical music. The
decision of the jury is final and not open to appeal. The jury
reserves the right not to award all prizes.
- Submitted manuscripts will not be returned. They must be
sent by mail or by email. Fax submissions will not be accepted.
Address: La Scena Musicale, 5409 Waverly, Montreal, Quebec,
CANADA, H2T 2X8
- Application: Entrants must submit one copy of their
manuscript along with their name, address, phone, email, and
their date of birth.
- Deadline: May 31, 2000.
La Scena Musicale 2000