Press Release - La Scena
Musicale - Canada's Guide to Classical Music Announces 4th Annual
National Summer Festival Issue
Montreal / May 31, 2000 -- La Scena Musicale, Canada's Guide to Classical Music, announces that its 4th Annual National Summer Festival Issue is now available in both print and on-line at http://www.lascenamusicale.org. Distribution begins in Montreal on May 31, and will be available nation-wide on June 1 (Quebec City, Ottawa and Toronto), and on June 5 in western Canada (Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver). Furthermore, copies are mailed to Record Stores and Music Schools across the country. In all 44,800 copies will be distributed. La Scena Musicale continues its innovative covers with a colourful tribute to summer. The summer festival calendar continues to be the essential resource -- 42 Canadian Festivals are listed; the entire list is available on the La Scena Musicale web site and is completely searchable.
June 2000 - Vol. 5.9 - Summer Festival Issue Highlights
This Month in La Scena Musicale http://www.scena.org
* Special issue on Summer Ferstivals:
* On the Cover: The Millennium Symphony launches the summer. In the second part on the grandiose work, Marc Chénard describes the Organizational Challenge.
* Profile - Born to Sing: 19-year-old Canadian bass Robert Pomakov will make his operatic debut at the Opéra de Québec in June.
* Founder and artistic director of the Academy of St.Martin in the Fields, Sir Neville Marriner is portrayed
* Classical music has many futures including Internet and MP3.
* Don't miss the calendar, the notes, the jazz column and the CD reviews.
* 44,000 copies distributed. For the only time this year,
copies will be distributed in Western Canada (Winnipeg, Calgary,
Edmonton and Vancouver); 4200 copies will also be distributed
* La Scena Musicale in the News: the site www.lascenamusicale.org was awarded 4 stars in Le Monde's special issue "Best of the Net" published in May 2000.
* CD Contest: 5 Matthias Goerne recordings. Visit http://www.scena.org to enter. Deadline: June 11, 2000.
* Next Issue: July-August 2000. Deadline for calendar: June 16, 2000. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: (514) 274-9456, tel.: (514) 948-2520. Advertising: tel.: (514) 484-3890.